If giving is one of the family values your client wants to pass along, we can help. Developing a charitable plan that accomplishes your client's financial and charitable goals is no small task. As a professional advisor, the opportunity you have to help your clients achieve their philanthropic goals is both a privilege and a challenge.
Working with the Community Foundation
Attorneys, accountants, financial planners, insurance agents and other wealth management professionals are our valued partners in charitable giving. We want to help you ensure that your clients receive the full benefit of their contributions while supporting the nonprofits of their choice. Your client supplies the passion and ideas, while we supply the expertise and infrastructure.
Estate planners, financial consultants, and other professional advisors are often asked to suggest the best vehicles for charitable giving. The New Canaan Community Foundation offers you and your clients several distinct advantages over direct giving to charities:
- Simplicity – A charitable fund with us is an easy, low-cost alternative to forming and administering a private foundation.
- Tax Benefits – We offer maximum federal and state tax benefits.
- Flexibility – We accept a wide variety of gifts-including cash, stock, and real estate.
- Community Impact – We are deeply involved with the needs in the community and can direct gift dollars to high-impact areas.
- Stability – Our standards for investment performance, donor services and grantmaking are published and publicly available. The Community Foundation has been a trustworthy steward of charitable gifts since 1977.
- Transparency – The administrative fees assessed by the Community Foundation and the expense ratios of all our fund managers are available upon request. Investment decisions and evaluation of investment performance are overseen by a volunteer committee of current and former board members with expertise in investment analysis. For more information, please click here to see our investment policies.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or call 203-966-0231